Monday, May 7, 2012

Mothers Day again



I'm originally from Scotland, now living happily in Florida (hence Tartan Magnolia)  When I moved to the US, I left my family there in the same town I grew up in.  And in Scotland, Mother's Day has been and gone.   Before I became a card maker,  I could never send my mum a card on the "right" day, because I couldn't buy one at the right time.  I'd like to say that since I became a card maker she has always had one to proudly display on the mantelpiece on the day that the rest of the UK celebrates Mothering Sunday, but that wouldn't be true.  Because moving to the US did not cure me of my habit of procrastination......  her card isn't even the one I'm showing you.  Her card is on my desk, waiting to be mailed.  This is one I made for Operation Write Home so it was done back in March, I think.
I'd seen all the silhouette cards out there in blogland and remembered this old Stampin' Up set I had squirreled away.  I am sure it is long since retired, but it worked perfectly for what I had in mind.  I couldn't find  didn't have a Mother's Day stamp, so the sentiment is computer generated. The paper is Basic Grey and I'm sure that particular collection is also long gone.  I'm trying to use stuff up right now so I can buy more stuff.  None of you can relate, right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so pretty kay , love the image in silhouette, fabulous card well done Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

A fellow Brit in the US, doing 100in100! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

April Bloom Box

What is a Bloom Box? It's a monthly box of gorgeousness that is delivered right to your door!  Each month you receive an exclusive...