Monday, January 18, 2010

I think I am officially stamped out....

I thought I was just having a hard time getting back in to it again after the long break over the Thanksgiving/Christmas period, but I think I am actually stamped out! For a while anyway. I'm very much hoping it's not a permanent thing because I have way too much money invested in this hobby to just walk out of my craft space and never enter it again.
Why this gloomy announcement? In the last 3 days ( 3 day weekend, don't you know?) I have not produced one card! I have spent a ton of time reorganizing supplies and checking out challenge blogs and referring to the very cool sketch book I got for Christmas and NOTHING! Not one card at the end of it all. I'm so frustrated, plus I feel like I wasted my precious time away from the day job! So, I'm going to take a wee break from crafting and from reading blogs and hopefully I will miss it so much I'll be back before you know it.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

WHy not have a get together with some crafty friends that might get you back into it again.
I have been sorting my craft room too,your tartan wreath is just sitting to be finished,all the cones are made just have to pin it.

Catherine said...

You just need a rest! Happens to us all, even when we've found something we love doing. Nobody can sustain total commitment at high levels forever. Imagine the adrenalin - it would wreck you. You should try an enforced break - don't allow yourself to make one for a whole week - bet you'll be desperate to get back to it then!! ;-)
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog - and I love love love the name of your blog, having a deal of 'tartan' in my blood!
x x x
Catherine

Chris said...

I think it's normal and very much okay!! :) I often go more than a week with out stamping (for desire or time)...and it's quite refreshing. I used to go crazy on vacation when I couldn't check in - no more. So sit back and enjoy.

PS. I just made those same paper flowers with our marvvy punch. Love them.

PSS. Stay warm!

Gina Lindsay said...

Take a break and enjoy it! Sometimes I just have to leave my craft room alone for a few days. It's funny when I find myself organizing and reorganizing things, I know it is time to step away.

katiesniche said...

It's that time of year. I haven't stamped in a month! When I finished my Christmas cards (late...around Dec 20th)that was it! Now I've got some Valentine ones to make, and I just dont have it in me. Keep organizing....I find that fun ;)

peggysue said...

Well I hope you come back soon and I'm sure you will. Everybody has something else that helps lead them out of a crafting clump, so hard to tell what it will be for you, but I'm confident we'll see you soon!

Unknown said...

I think we have all came to that conclusion from time to time. I hope you get your crafting mojo back. You probably just need a break for a while.

Will miss you till then.

Stephanie said...

I think we all need a break every now and again...especially when life is keeping us jumping in other directions. While I'll miss seeing your creations, I totally understand and can't wait til the stamping bug bites again :) Take care, Kay!

Grace said...

You are just going through what we all experience from time to time! I'm confident one day you will start to feel that little urge... and those papers and stamps will start calling your name! Until then... enjoy the break!!! We all need them sometimes!!! Hugs!

April Bloom Box

What is a Bloom Box? It's a monthly box of gorgeousness that is delivered right to your door!  Each month you receive an exclusive...