Friday, September 4, 2009

Light up my life

As soon as I saw this Inkadinkadoo set, I knew they had to be mine. And I knew exactly what I was going to do with them - make Halloween cards! I love this card (she said modestly)
I honestly don't often love my cards - comparing myself to some of my stamping idols, I'm frequently unhappy with the results, but not this time .Smiley from millan.netI was so happy with it I made the mistake of asking my DH his opinion.

Me: " Look what I made - what do you think?"
Him: "What does a chandalier have to do with Halloween?"
Me: "Well, don't you think it's atmospheric, doesn't it make you think of old houses and ghosts and such?"
Him: "Nope - I still don't see what it has to do with Halloween."

Which made my doubt myself for about 5 minutes........... and then I stamped a whole bunch more for Cards For Heroes. See......

I change up the colors and ribbon (because the ribbon on the first card is way sparkly and you can't use sparkle on CFH cards because of the risk to our heroes of stray bits of bling showing up on night vision goggles. Who woulda thunk it?) but I still love these cards regardless of what DH says. What does he know anyway??

The cardstock is TAC kraft, the paper came from a Halloween pad of paper I picked up at Michaels, the "Halloween" sentiment is a TAC stamp from last year, the "happy" is from an SU set that i don't remember the name of , the ribbon also come from M's . Think that's all folks!

13 comments:

Dawn said...

What do husbands know????? LOL

I love it, think it sooo looks sppoookkkyyyy!!!


I would draw a little spider hanging off one, and give it to him for halloween!! LOL

great card, you did a fantastic job, never ask a hubby! ROFL mine would have said the same thing..men!

Wiccababe said...

I agree - what the hell do men know?? lol
mine reckons all my cards are gay, so does my BFF who isn't a man lol
I think they're gorgeous
Debz
xx

Stephanie said...

I think the use of the chandeliers for Halloween was super creative!! I totally get it & I love it!! I've been seeing chandelier stamps and couldn't figure out how I'd use it - I just love your idea! So I guess your husband can take that :)...poor guy, now he'll have the whole stamping community against him :)

peggysue said...

I love reading all the details of how we create our cards, I was laughing at your conversation with your DH! Mine NEVER likes the cards I create that I like best. Or I'll pair up some ribbon with something and ask his opinion and he'll never agree with my choices . . . :) Some of my stuff he likes. I think the chandelier is an excellent choice.

Grace said...

Oh I think the chandelier was perfect for halloween! I loved the comment above about the spider web on it... LOL! Great card and that stamp has lots of possiblities!!!

laos348 said...

This image is awesome for Halloween! I like the variety of colors you stamped it in too. I've always wanted a chandalier stamp - I think it can go with so many themes!

Ramona said...

Lol! men...gotta luv 'em! This is a fantastic set. I love the colors you choose. Awesome. Thank U for figuring out why you could not leave comments on my blog. I had one other person email me. I will have to check out my settings because people who are not logged into Ocea's 11 leave comments all the time. (BTW...I stayed logged in) Oh wee. back to that stamp...you brought it to life!

Gina Lindsay said...

Sometimes it is best not to ask the hubby! I get the Halloween look and think you did a great job.

JazzyH said...

I think it works!

Diane Noble said...

Well...I add my comment so you can make another tally on the "LOVE IT" side! I think it's a great card. I loved it in all the other colors you chose too. Fantastic. Just go right ahead and pat yourself on the back...in front of your DH!!!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Get outta my head! I have these same stamps and made a very similar card. Creepy....

The Mama Monkey said...

I totally get this card! What do the guys know anyway??!! It is awesome and the troops will love them...minus all the sparkle!

Erin said...

I have admired those chandeliers and have not really figured out how I would use them.

I LOVE them for Halloween. This makes me want to run out and get a chandalier stamp right now.

April Bloom Box

What is a Bloom Box? It's a monthly box of gorgeousness that is delivered right to your door!  Each month you receive an exclusive...