Sunday, September 27, 2009

Halloween Tree

My weakness for all things Halloweeny (yes, Barb it is a word!) means I have an insane amount of Halloween paper, not to mention a collection of black and grey Prima flowers that never looked right on any card I made, so over the Labor Day weekend, I worked on this little project using the SCS instructions for Paper Trees and used up a ton of stuff. The original instructions are for Christmas decorations and I had made a couple of Christmas trees last year and still had some styrofoam balls. And, like any good hoarder, I also have a stash of things I picked up "that might be useful one day" which includes more than a few of those metal buckets from the Target dollar spot. Look closely and you will see that it was sponged with alcohol inks to make it black and spooky! Altering tin is one of the very many cool things you can do with thatstuff.
This week has just shot by and the only crafty things I have been working on are my swaps for my fellow Angels on Paper Wings, the angels only forum I am part of. So I can't show you them yet, obviously, but I am pleased with the way they turned out, although it took me forever to decide on what to make. I don't swap often because as soon as I sign up, I become paralyzed with the possibilities, futz around for days, waste tons of supplies and end up regretting the impulse that placed me in this position in the first place but there are so many cute sets in our fall supplement that I gave in.

6 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

Great Halloweeny project! I love Halloweens stuff too, keep buying it and need to use it.

The Mama Monkey said...

What a cool project and it used up a ton of paper! Woo Hoo! Good for you!!

JazzyH said...

Cool project!

Stephanie said...

This is so awesome!! And how great that you were able to use up some leftovers and make them look this good!! hmmm...I need to start decorating :)

laos348 said...

Very cool tree - looks great!

Grace said...

What a great idea!!! So clever and a great way to use that paper!!!

April Bloom Box

What is a Bloom Box? It's a monthly box of gorgeousness that is delivered right to your door!  Each month you receive an exclusive...