Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Challenged by challenges



This is a card I made for a challenge. Which challenge I have no idea - I do know it never got posted, so I probably missed the deadline, which is something I do A LOT.   One of the reasons I started a blog in the first place was to be able to participate in challenges, so why do I have such issues with actually doing it?  It's one of the worlds mysteries...
Anyhow, this card was in the package of cards which went off to Operation Write Home this week.  Most of the cards I make end up with this organization which I am proud to support.  If you are looking for a home for some of your creations, please check out their website and consider sending some love their way.
Also included in the bundle of happiness was a bunch of Halloween cards - they had to be in the shippers hands by the end of August in order to make it out to the troops in time for them to send them home for October, if you see what I mean.
I'm saving those for Spooky September, so I had to dig deep to find a card to share, which leads me back to this lonely card which never got posted .  See, I did have a point!
Thanks for all the ribbon suggestions.  I knew I couldn't be alone with that challenge either.
And Lynne, I wish we lived closer too.  I suspect we would have a lot of fun!

All supplies: A Muse Studio

8 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful patterns and textures with this wonderful butterfly birthday design, Kay!! Your card is gorgeous!

Heather North said...

Such bright cheerful colors! Perfect for late summer. I may CASE your idea of using a woodgrain embossed piece behind a butterfly. I especially like that you used a white piece instead of brown.

Heather North said...

P.S. I am SHOCKED when I actually do make a card in time for a challenge. I usually finish them hours after they end or post it on my blog the day (or week) after. Sometimes longer. You are not alone in this!

Unknown said...

Very pretty Kay, love the bright colors and texture!

Unknown said...

Beautiful bright colors!

Smiles, Laurie said...

Such a happy card, lov ethe twine and bit of bling on the butterfly.
I'm also with you on not quite hitting my good intentions...although I think mine go astray sometimes before the making stage, even!

Dorothy S said...

This is striking - looks like it would be quick to make with a great result.

Patty Gorka said...

So bright and cheerful, this card just jumps right off of the page!

April Bloom Box

What is a Bloom Box? It's a monthly box of gorgeousness that is delivered right to your door!  Each month you receive an exclusive...