Sunday, June 3, 2012

And we're off.....

 100.1  Ready, set, go with the 100 cards in 100 days and I'm taking my inspiration wherever I can get it - this one was from Pinterest.  Once it was done, I decided I should probably have moved the main image further up - I played with the placement before I committed to the inked image but it always looks different in real life...  I think this card and this layout would also work well for a sympathy card, so I may try that later today.  Sympathy cards are always hard to do and harder still if you leave them until you need them.  Sadness isn't always the best emotion to help the creative spirit.

100.2  Just a simple Happy Birthday card.    Yellow and gray is one of my new favorite color combinations - this is 'seattle' by A Muse Studio.   I probably would never have looked at it twice if I hadn't got a couple of sheets in one of the monthly spotlight packs and I liked it so much with the polka dots that I added a whole pack to my last order.  Expect to see it lots!

We are off out boating today - as soon as we have done painting the back room.  Nothing like a relaxing Sunday, right?  Enjoy yours!

3 comments:

JoAnn Ross said...

I really like these! The first is perfect for a sympathy card when, I think, simple works best.

And I've taken your challenge! (GREAT IDEA!) I just shared my first three on this week's OWH sketch challenge blog.

Anonymous said...

Great cards! I love the butterfly one. The polka dot paper is fantastic!

Angela K said...

These are both so pretty! TFS

April Bloom Box

What is a Bloom Box? It's a monthly box of gorgeousness that is delivered right to your door!  Each month you receive an exclusive...