Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is it too early for fall?


Or more specifically, Halloween? There is a real nip in the air here in Florida, in fact the weather man said it would "only reach the high 80's today) so you can see how my mind would turn to fall....
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. And not because of the trick or treating, because growing up in Scotland, there was no trick or treating (we had our own version although I understand things have become more Americanized in recent years)
No, I just love the colors, the papers and the imagery, I guess. I'm drawn to all of them and own more Halloween stamp sets than one person really needs. I fully expect to add to that collection this year, because I have NO willpower.
This card was included in the Cards For Heroes package because, obviously, they need to work ahead of the major holidays so they get shipped out to the troops in plenty of time for them to mail them home. It was so easy to make - some DP (that I didn't look at the maker of before I used it all up), silver ink on the sentiment (Inkadinkadoo, I think) then finished off with MS drippy goo and bat punches.

17 comments:

Vicki said...

Ooooo! Spooky! Great colors and a great job! Bless you for contributing to Cards for Heroes. My SIL has just returned from Iraq and I know your efforts are appreciated! Blessings to you!

MyStyles said...

i LOVE the fall! I always like to decorate my house as soon as September comes along. lol

peggysue said...

I love Fall, the crisp air . . . although I think our definition of 'crisp' is different than your version in Florida . . . here 80s is 'hot.' Very cool card!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE Halloween, so feel free to put up spooky cards at any time :) The drippy goo punch is fabulous!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, this is awesome!! I can feel the crisp Fall air now...LOVE IT!

JazzyH said...

A great Halloween/fall card.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

In my opinion, it's never too early for fall... and fall weather!

I love that border punch, and the way you mixed the patterned papers.

katiesniche said...

Nope, not too early for Halloween, you aren't alone...I've seen many others working on their spooktacular cards for the day.
Love that DP! what a great card!

Gina Lindsay said...

Very nice! I love Halloween stamps too and have way more than one person needs. But they are just so fun!

Grace said...

I really love fall.... the refreshing cooler air after the hot days of summer are so welcome... I open the windows and let that air in... though I'm not a big Halloween fan...I do love this dripping goo punch and fun colors! As kids we used to have so much fun on Halloween but today things are different. Love your fun card!!!

Dell said...

Just love this spooky, gooey kind of card. Halloween is just around the corner.

Dawn said...

Don't say it will be nippy I want it to be hot hot hot in October.
Will I need my winter woolies?

|am so looking forward to coming in the Autumn with Halloweeny items galore.

Glad we are allowed 10 suitcases.

Frankfurt is the first SU European convention, we have booked our tickets, flights & rooms.
Just 2 weeks after I come back from Florida.

Beautiful card.

Kim said...

I love Halloween cards! I really like this one.

laos348 said...

It is never too early for Halloween - it's such a fun holiday. Great card!

Sandy said...

Soooooooo cool!! Love this one! Thanks for sharing with our heroes :) :) :)
Sandy from CFH

Holly said...

Never too early for a litte cooler weather - and Halloween is always appreciated too!

TannyP said...

Great card! What is this drippy goo you speak of?! Is that what gave that edge that I'm soooo adoring?

April Bloom Box

What is a Bloom Box? It's a monthly box of gorgeousness that is delivered right to your door!  Each month you receive an exclusive...