Thursday, May 28, 2009

Whiff of Joy



Sympathy cards are hard, don't you think? I made this card a week or so ago for a friend who recently lost her mother. I just wanted her to know I was thinking about her and this little image from Whiff of Joy's Guardian Angel collections works perfectly . I got her from 7KidsCollegeFund

The sentiment is from a retired TAC set and the paper is Basic Grey, but I forget which collection. One thing I did learn from the CFH Blog Hop (and yes, I will stop talking about it eventually, but not yet!) was that people like details, especially people new to this hobby. I know I have been very lazy about providing card details and I will try to do better. No promises, though - sometimes I just don't remember where I got stuff and sometimes (if I'm honest) I'm just too lazy to list them all.

8 comments:

JazzyH said...

Great card. I love the image you picked. Sympathy cards are never easy but the card is great.

peggysue said...

Sympathy cards always cause me difficulty too. This is very nice, very appropriate.

laos348 said...

Such a pretty card - just right for a sympathy card. I like the colors you used for the background and the stamp is colored so pretty.

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love the look of the blog! Very nice!

Sympathy cards are difficult. This one is sweet and surely will bring some peace to your friend.

Stephanie said...

Kay - What a beautiful card!! I love the DP scallop layer - all the scallops look great :)

Grace said...

An adorable image beautifully colored.... so sorry it was needed... but will be so appreciated!!! Sympathy cards are the hardest... you did a great job!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is a beautiful card. Sorry you needed to use it as a sympathy card, but I am sure your friend will be comforted by it. I love the scallops with the dp.

katiesniche said...

This is a very sweet sympathy card from one friend to another. Very thoughtful too.
I really like the vintage touches you added with the lace and sponging on the edges. Pretty.

April Bloom Box

What is a Bloom Box? It's a monthly box of gorgeousness that is delivered right to your door!  Each month you receive an exclusive...