Monday, April 9, 2018

Splish, Splash, Sparkle!

April's promotion features one of my favorite FSJ products - our silks!  It also features the splashes and they are great too, but I LOVE the silks.  It's rare that I make a card that doesn't feature them, because they are the PERFECT finishing touch.  My cards look nekkid without them now.  It started innocently enough ... "what are these silks" I pondered as I looked through my catalog as a brand new coach.  Let's order one and see.  So I did - I picked Dark Roast and it remains one of my favorites.  
They are so cute and so inexpensive, I just added a couple here and there, and FSJ added a few more colors and (be still my sparkle loving heart) then, in last years Holiday catalog, SPARKLE SILK!!  Oh lordy... that escalated fast, and almost immediately sold out.  People hoarded.  Lack of sparkle silk was a real thing, it's that good. 
Black Licorice, Whip Cream and Beach Ball are the latest additions.  I wasn't convinced of the need for a black silk when Dark Roast is such a dark brown but I was WRONG.  You can absolutely tell the difference and there is absolutely a need for both of them.   



 See my pretties?  I love them all but my favorites are front and center and if you need any suggestions where to start your collection, those are the ones I'd suggest.  And here is one of the first cards I ever made using silks.  That's Dark Roast  and Gold Silk - the total of my collection at the time using Hey Honey (SS-0356) which was one of the sets in my Coach starter kit.  


No comments:

April Bloom Box

What is a Bloom Box? It's a monthly box of gorgeousness that is delivered right to your door!  Each month you receive an exclusive...